Comenius

Comenius

Sunday 18 November 2012

Poland 2012: My host family - Supporting tourism in Silesia (Mathis, Germany)


My host family lives in the little spa town Kudowa Zdrój. My host family doesn’t live in a normal house, but in a hotel that they own.                                                     
I was very surprised when I saw the big house and the large garden. It was very comfortable, I had my own room, a very kind family, internet and above all a pool table downstairs, which my host brother used often.
On my first day my host father and my host brother took me on a walk to the park in the city centre. They showed me the park, the springs, and the big lake. The lake in the park was full of fish, which we fed with bread.
Kudowa Zdrój is famous for its good air and special water that is rich in iron and helpful for some diseases. As a matter of fact many people visit the town: My host brother told me that every summer thousands of tourists visit the little spa town to drink the healthy water that tastes like iron.
Therefore, the hotel of my host family isn't the only hotel in Kudowa Zdroj. There are pensions and other hotels making tourism the most profitable branch of the town.
All in all I enjoyed a lot to stay with my host family. It was very interesting to see how they treat their hotel guests, who I felt to belong to, too. They always asked if I was hungry or if I wanted something from the supermarket. My host brother told me that guests in Poland would be treated very well.
In the greater area there are more tourist attractions. So, the participants of the ‘’Comenius Project’’ took a tour of the fortress of Klodzko, which has never been conquered. Our guide also told us how the people lived in Poland hundreds of years ago. Above all, the fortress is famous for its underground tunnel system. The tunnels are unique in Poland and very interesting. It was a shame that most of the teachers didn’t want to enter the narrow tunnels. One hour later we left the tunnels, impressed by this big underground building. After the exciting tour through Polish history we left and all participants went back to their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment